Thursday 26 June 2008

machine guns

after only staying 1 night in a brazilian favela (the ghetto) pritchard and myself have seen enough, this mornings gun count was up to 4 gloks and a sawn off and that was before 9am, i ran into trouble taking a photo, i got taken to one side by a dude with a gun and interorgated why i was taking pics, he checked my camera to see if he was in shot and luckily let me go, i was to hung over to take in what was going on but by 12 after a gang walked right passed me with a machine gun pointing right at my nose the realitiy of where i was kicked in, ive never been so spooked out, even though we had paid protection anything can happen up their, we leave now for the amazon so this will be my last post for a few days until we get back

catch you soon
daint...

a photo of what looks like something the gangs torture their mates with for laughs and a view from the ghetto where we have been stayed


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Fuck me that place looks/sounds proper sketchy, I'd rather take my chances with the water jungle.

Anonymous said...

the 2nd picture, is taken by camera or draw out? cause the picture look more like draw. but it's nice.